If you are a delegate to Iowa’s 1st District Republican Convention coming up on April 28 (or know someone who is), this page is for you.
I am running for a seat on the Republican State Central Committee from Iowa’s 1st District. Below you will find information about me and some links to some of my thoughts. I would appreciate your vote at the district convention.
I believe the republican form of government, as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, is the best political structure to facilitate our freedoms. But the Constitution and the republican structure alone cannot produce nor guarantee these blessings. It takes people who are willing to practice and promote the principles of freedom. I am running to be part of a team making the Republican Party an organization that lives up to its name. Learn more about my work at AmericanBackbone.us.
Some of My Experience
- Married to Carole for 43 years with 4 children and 11 grandchildren
- Christian Minister for 40 years
- Current Chair of Iowa County Republican Central Committee
- Chairman of Iowa Pastors for Huckabee 2008 & 2016
- Co-founded and served as President of Informed Choice of Iowa Pro-life Medical Clinics for 10 years
- State Chair for The American Renewal Project turning out the vote for the 2016 General Election and President Trump
- Gathered names of 450 Iowa pastors and church leaders in support of traditional marriage and presented them to the Iowa Legislature and the Governor
- Author of The Freedom Quiz and freedom seminars educating the people on the founding principles of our nation
- Initiated the effort resulting in Governor Branstad’s 2012 Proclamation supporting Israel’s right to exist and defend her borders
- Served on a District Platform Committee and a State Rules Committee