Dear Governor Reynolds,
We the undersigned, present this petition to you requesting that you refrain from any action in responding to the COVID-19 virus that would make wearing face masks mandatory in Iowa. We may have various reasons for opposing mandatory face masks but we are in agreement in our opposition to such an order.
We stand with you in support of our State Motto: “Our liberties we prize, our rights we will maintain.”
Please read the 5 reasons below for opposing mandatory face masks. Then fill out the form below.
1. Violates Liberty. Government should not exercise excessive control over “we the people” and our decisions. Mask edicts are an encroachment on personal freedom.
2. Restricts Healthy People. Those who have health risks or present symptoms should take precautions, while healthy people should be free to maintain regular activities without hindrance.
3. Hinders Immunity. Masks and social distancing prolong the risk of contracting COVID-19 by preventing the natural development of personal and societal immunity.
4. Inhibits Free Exercise of Religion. Christian scriptures teach that we should assemble together and encourage one another (Hebrews 10:25). Masks and social distancing are forms of isolation which inhibit interaction and encouragement. Speaking the truth in love, is preferred over promoting and propagating fear.
5. Advances a Political Agenda. There have been false and inflated statistics regarding COVID-19. Certain medicines, that have proven to be safe and successful therapeutics against COVID-19 have been discouraged. There is data that suggests the mortality rate of COVID-19 is comparable to seasonal flu, yet a booming economy has been shattered, schools have been closed, jobs have been lost and more. Many medical professionals disagree regarding the effectiveness of masks, yet experienced and acclaimed physicians, who have dared to disagree with the one-size-fits-all advice of the so called experts, have been smeared, fired, and investigated. These things point to a political agenda that needs to be exposed and do not support the call for mandatory masks.
Please fill out the form below and the results will be sent to Governor Reynolds, but your personal information will not be publicly displayed (printable version available HERE).
Check All Boxes That Represent Your View On Mandatory Masks